Thank you to all who have inquired about participating and/or hosting a course! We look forward to working with you and your horses! There is still time to get in on the first aid kit draw for hosts, who also receive their course for FREE (see below).
Here's a bit more information for those who are interested in the equine first aid certification course (Canada/USA):
Information for Participants:
1) The basic first aid certification course is one full day from 9AM-5PM and is the pre-requisite for the much anticipated advanced first aid course (to be offered in 2015). It is a combination of classroom and valuable hands on training.
2) Cost is $149 per person and participants receive a first aid manual, vitals card and certificate upon completion of the course.
3) Topics include taking vitals, pain identification, colic, choke, wounds and bandaging, hoof injuries, and so much more!
4) Equine Canada coaches can receive professional development credits. And this certification can also be applied towards the Ontario Veterinary Technician's training program.
5) Not only will you have the chance to meet new people, have fun with horses and learn new skills (or brush up on your skills), but your horse will also love you for it too!
6) For more information on the instructor and for testimonials from past participants of Equine Wellness Education, visit our website at www.equinewellnesseducation.com.
7) If you have further questions or would like to request more information on attending or hosting a course, please contact us at email@example.com or via our website.
Information for Hosts:
1) Contact us if you are wanting to find a course in your area, or alternatively, host a course and and as the host your course is FREE (with a minimum number of participants). The maximum number of participants per course is 12.
2) An arena is not necessary. We instruct in barns, round pens, etc. and can be outside (weather permitting), providing there is a place to sit for the classroom portion. Two to three horses are required to work with (depending on number of participants).
3) The basic first aid certification course is one full day from 9am-5pm and registration is done through the website. Posters will be provided.
4) We travel ANYWHERE in Canada or the United States, provided that there are enough students to make it feasible.
Why Equine First Aid?
Equine First Aid is the first available treatment available to an injured or sick horse before a veterinarian can arrive. Spend the day learning valuable hands on skills, with a course that past participants have noted as "everyone who has horses should take it" and "whether a first time horse owner or someone who has owned for many years, this was worth the experience."
"For the Life of the Horse"
Equine Wellness Education
Equi-Health Canada/Equi-First Aid USA Certified Instructor